Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy 2009 everyone! I hope you all had safe and fun celebrations last night. We ended up having a pretty chill evening. We went to our favorite local bar around 7:00 and got out of there around 9:00. Then we had a few friends over for food, drink, and old fashioned fun.

Our favorite bar ended up having an all-night liquor license, but we just could not imagine hanging out there until 5:00 this morning! Although, I have to admit it might have been funny to get up early, take a short drive over there, and see people stumbling out as the sun came up. Hopefully there was a line of cabs waiting to take everyone home this morning.

I'm not sure why, but I've never been too big into the whole New Year's Eve celebration. I've tried to go out and get into it in the past, but I end up just getting annoyed with the crowded bars and restaurants. There are just too many people who are too drunk for my liking.

I go out with my husband a couple of times a week and have a great time at our little corner bar. I don't need to be out when the masses are taking over the bars and the streets. I am much happier sitting on the couch with a bottle of wine and good company while watching the ball drop at midnight.

Regardless of how you rang in the New Year, I hope it turns out to be a great 2009 for you all!

No comments: