Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock

I've had a few days to play around with my birthday gifts, and I just have to say that I'm addicted to Guitar Hero.

I am a guitar player.  I've been playing since the age of 6.  When Guitar Hero first came out, I thought, "You've got to be kidding me?  This is crap!  Learn how to play the damn guitar."  Then this past summer a friend of mine invited me over to try it out.  Man, I loved it!  I have talked about it a lot since then, and mother picked it up for me.

This game will keep you occupied for a long time.  Not only are there more than 70 songs to learn and play, but there are four different difficulty modes.

So I began playing on "easy" mode the other night.  I got through the first eight songs and then I had to battle another guitar player to go on.  I beat him (after about three tries) and now I'm moving on to more songs.  

Then I got the bright idea to try the same songs in "expert" mode.  Oh my god!  It's going to take a lot of practice to work up to "expert."  I then tried "hard."  Still no dice.  I couldn't even make it to the lyrics in the song before I lost and had to start over.  I didn't even try "medium."  My ego had been beaten to a pulp and I was put back in my place.  Only "easy" for now.

So I'll practice my little heart out in "easy" mode until I work my way up to the harder levels ... I'll be doing all this while my collection of six real guitars collect some dust because I just can't put my Guitar Hero down!

No comments: